Hello Wild Ones 🌞🌞🌞
I hope you are well. You better be treating yourself right and whispering the right things to yourself. You are royal; never forget that. I am surviving and trying my best to get it together. I hope to be more consistent here.
Today’s Commercial Break
I turned 23 (Confetti flying)🎊🎊🎊 recently. I got inspired by Sharon Mundia’s Video and will be writing about certain facts I believe at 23. These are subject to change considering my frontal lobe is not fully formed.
The 23 Truths for 23
- Self Care is Key- I am learning the importance of showing up for myself. The only person who is supposed to have your back 24/7 is you and God. You are the only one that can love you the best way you desire. Expecting others to give you happiness is setting yourself up for failure.
- Life is a Lola coaster – When I was younger (I am old enough to talk like this), I kept waiting for that time that life would get better and I would no longer struggle or have sadness. I am realising that happiness is not a destination. It is a path of believing that the sun always comes.
- The unexpected is the best- Life will not go your way but trust the process. Things are often going to turn out even better than you imagined.
- Pain is beautiful- I am not romanticizing pain but when it comes expect awesome transformation. You will bloom in ways you never expected. No one deserves pain but when it comes trust the sun will find you transformed. You deserve this.
- Help is good- Asking for help can feel like weakness but it is not. Having the wisdom to see your misgiving in a situation and choosing to ask for help is courageous and honorable selflove.
- Therapy is awesome- I have always been one of those people who didn’t understand how you could ask a stranger to fix what you are going through. Then I realised we do that all the time with ‘normal’ doctors when we are sick so why not do the same with psychological issues.
- Healing is a journey- I expected that once I went to therapy, I would be whole. I thought that it would no longer hurt when certain things came creeping in my mind. In fact, I believed that those things would be forgotten forever and ever. Then it hit me that bad days don’t go away they just get better because I cope better.
- Beauty is within- I have learnt to define what is sexy for me. I own my beauty and sexy and as long as I find myself the sexiest creature I can be at the moment no other opinion matters. I am the sexiest version of myself right now and I am still going to level up. My sexy is more than just my body.
- Hope is beautiful- The belief that things will get better no matter what is beautiful. The sun will always rise not matter how dark the night has been. You will be okay.
- Grace is dope- I am my biggest critic and expect so much from myself. I am learning to see myself as a human and show more grace to everything that I go through and the decisions that I make. I am learning to forgive myself for the times that I failed myself especially where I stayed in painful situations.
- Love is awesome- Last year I promised myself to have a better love story with myself. Jesus’ love is the greatest love story for me then my next love story is me, myself and I. Loving myself has improved my experience with love is I show up as a whole person seeking to complement with someone else. I no longer stay in situations that make me feel less. I seek elevation and growth in all my relationships .
- Books are good- Books have been challenging the way I think and feel. It has been awesome to be challenged like that. Everyone should love reading. Yes, I said it.
- Routine is good- After reading about the routines of rich people and their time management skills, I figured that creating a consistent system allows you to be productive especially in the morning.
- Fear is beautiful- Meredith Grey once said that if you are afraid then it means you care. I no longer fear fear. I embrace it and do what I am supposed to do afraid.
- Feelings matter- My biggest lesson for my 22nd year would be that feelings are meant to be felt. I have no business running away from my feelings because they are worthy no matter what.
- Words have power- I now live by the belief that every word that comes out of my mouth is important. I never say fucked things about myself.
- Boundaries change lives- Boundaries are another big lesson I got at 22. It was the balm I needed for my soul. Boundaries say ‘Me First so that my vessel is filled in case I need to pour into you.’ Boundaries is loving better and harder.
- My voice is dope- I always have been opinionated but somewhere along the way I lost my voice. I now know that I have a voice and it should never get drowned by anything or anyone. My truth is mine.
- God is good- God and I had little fight sometime back. Weeeell, mostly me. I have been able to find my way back and we are working on that relationship each day. His grace is sufficient.
- Freedom could be a lie– Reading “Creating freedom” by Rauol Martinez taught me how much control we really don’t have. I really recommend this book to anyone who is a revolutionary. I might do a review of it later.
- Family is everything- Finding love within my family was such a beautiful thing. They are everything. The best part is they will always be here.
- Sunshine is me- When Christina Yang told Meredith that she is the Sun, I thought that was cute. Then I came to terms with what that meant and I am sure that I was a freaking sun and nothing less. Sorry if you don’t understand🤣🤣.
- Jackie is The Queen- I am a Queen periodtt!!!! Nothing More Nothing Less.
What do you know for sure?? I would love to know.
Just Baby Girling
With loooove and light