Hello Wild Ones💗 💗 💗 ,
I hope you are well and doing great things. I hope that you have been taking care of yourself and pay attention of your feelings. I hope you are full of peace and grace. I am currently full of happiness and peace. I have been on a streak of happiness.
I got nominated by Thobile Simelane for the brainstorms Award. I am very grateful and humble for the opportunity granted to me. It is encouraging to see someone notice my work and consider me worthy of a nomination.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Tag your post with the BrainStorms award and follow and follow BrainStorms, if you are willing.
- Display the BrainStorms award logo.
- Talk about your blog, why you started it, what you write on and your goal for your blog.
- Answer the five questions you’ve been asked.
- Nominated five amazing bloggers and ask them five questions.
My blog is Calm Wildness. I started it because there so much chaos going on in me yet I looked so okay (hence the name) I wanted to find answers to my pain and chaos. I just write what I feel I need to let out in the hope that it is therapeutic for me and that someone else who is going through the same will not feel alone. I just want to change the world one story at a time.
- What challenges makes you start blogging, if you have any?
I think my biggest challenge would be consistency because of school work and also because I had a lot of things going on in my life.
2. How did you overcome those challenges?
I figured out that writing is really therapeutic for me and I started including in my self-care routine. I had to write something on my blog daily no matter what was happening.
3. Movies or Series?
Series, I enjoy dissecting screen plays in terms of themes covered, character development and lessons learnt. Long stories told on the screen allow me to spend hours criticizing how the issues were tackled and whether I liked it.
4. What is your favorite destination in terms of tourism?
Right Now, I am obsessed with Mombasa, Kenya because I have never been there. I want to save up and probably use the standard gauge railway to whisk me off to the Mombasa sunshine for my 23rd birthday. (I am accepting gifts too so if you feel inspired to sponsor me feel free)
5. What is your favorite food?
Woow, tough one. I am the slender person who eats a lot but no one can see the outcomes of my labour. I will not betray any food by playing favourites.
6. What is your favorite book you have read that you can recommend to me?
I am currently overanalyzing the book, The Define Decade by Meg Jay. This is a book for anyone who is in their twenties and wants to make the most of them. You should read it.
7. What subject you were or you good to at school?
English, I won awards for my writing and got certificates for being the best in English once in a while.
My Nominees are: (I had a hard time choosing because I really have the best writing coming my way from you guys)
- Wordlove– He is the first person to ever email me about my writings and I remember feeling really seen. His blog has a really positive vibe and it keeps you coming back. He has this fictional story going on right now. Y’all need to check it out.
- Jude– When I found Jude, I was just a girl looking for other Africans on WordPress I could read from. (Should I worried that I have never gotten a suggestion on any tag or topic that’s written by an African unless I search African in it?) “Conversation for another day” I found this amazing writer that kept surprising me every turn I took. He is really good. He makes love look so beautiful and sometimes he will leave you thinking a lot. Check him out.
- Shantel– I went on a hunt for more Kenyans on WordPress and came across her. Her articles are relatable and leave you feeling seen. Isn’t nice when you find someone on the internet who you are sure that you would be friends with in real life? I am a little obsessed with her comments on my articles. She gives the most encouraging words. Please check her out.
- Msdedeng– I don’t remember how life let me find her blog. I am just grateful for the nostalgia and good vibes that I get from it. Her comments are also the best!! She is the epitome of what everyone in the WordPress community should be. Go check her out!!
- EricoTrips– Emmanuel reminds me of my Nigerian friends from school not because he is also Nigerian but he gives the vibe of a very hardworking and ambitious person. His blogs are a lot to learn from. You should check him out!!
The nominees should feel free to answer the questions that I answered and they please, they can add five fun facts about themselves.
Well. that’s all for now! Please let me know which fun fact about you fascinated you. Also, let me know which of the bloggers that I nominated you enjoyed reading from!!
With looove and happiness,