Jackie’s A to Z
Hello Wild Ones 💖,
I hope you are living it up and making sure that you are making the most of all that life has to offer. I am full of joy and peace and I am so grateful at the beauty that my life has. All I see is sunshine in my brain and it’s caused by me not anyone else but me. I am happy on my own!!! This is a big deal because it was one of my goals when I started going to therapy. So yeah, therapy works!!! Maybe I should write about this soon!!!
Today’s Commercial Break
Any way I will be talking about beauty and stuff and I just have to start by making a confession. My name is Jackline Wanjira Njagi and I might be a vain and superficial being. When I first started to write this, I thought I was going to write about how beauty is on the inside and all but then I stopped to think about the boys I have liked, crushed on, dated, and also rejected. Their looks were a very big player in whatever reaction I gave them. The truth is no matter how much we talk about inner beauty, how we look affects how other people respond to us. The truth is that there are guys who have hit on me and I rejected them because I didn’t find them attractive enough and there are guys that I first liked because of how they looked. So then the question is what is really beautiful to me?
I am not proud but I will admit that there have been guys whose personalities I found charming and great but I could never look at them that way because they didn’t appeal to me physically. I am not saying that I am Cleopatra and that I have lots of men looking to get lucky, of course, I am also in someone else’s list of people they don’t find attractive. So I did a little research to find out what exactly influences my preferences in men and how important it is.
So according to Psychology Today and Insider, it actually takes a lot to decide if a person is attractive. There are many reasons but I was mostly fascinated by five which are ancient biological demands, similarity, chemistry, difference, and your parents.
- Ancient Biological Demands– This is just the innate and subconscious feeling that you need to choose the best partner to bear offsprings with. Well, this I relate to, there are boys I liked just because they appealed to me as good ‘seeds’. One of them was just really good at drawing and I found myself cycling towards fantasy city where I gave birth to the next Picasso. Too bad I lost interest.
- Similarity– You are attracted to what is familiar. When two people have a lot in common it is very easy for them to find each other attractive. I know y’all want an example here too. I had a huge crush on this guy just because we both could write. In fact, at some point, we used to write to each other but fate had other plans for us.
- Chemistry– According to Biological anthropologist Helen Fisher, our brain chemistry has a lot to do with who we like. The brain has four neural systems that underlie our major constellations of personality traits—the dopamine, serotonin, testosterone, and estrogen/oxytocin systems. She suggests that people with similar dominant personalities are likely to be attracted to each other. For example; People with dopamine dominant personalities ( (curious, creative, adventurous) types tend to like their fellow adventurer. This could be true because most of the people I have been attracted to are creative and adventurous like me.
- Difference– Sometimes a little rebellion is what you like. The traditional; Opposites attract. Sometimes you are just attracted to people because they are just different from you. An overly emotional me has ever fallen for the most emotionally unavailable guy I have ever met and of course, it was a disaster worth a lot of poems and wine and yet we never dated.
- Your Parents- It’s often said that girls marry their fathers and men marry their mothers. Well, it’s possible you are attracted to people sometimes because they remind you of their parents. This could be true because all the guys that I have dated or liked often have certain features very similar to my dad but it could be just a big coincidence. Who knows!!
In other news what am I wearing
- The scarf on my head is peach but the sunshine was a lot
- The hair is still wash and go
- I have a sleek chiffon top that comes with boujee chain (Yes, I know it gives very little room for imagination and debuts my pink bra sometimes)
- A plaid red skirt- My go-to when I have nothing to wear
- Gold and pearl earrings… if only the treasure was real
- Red lipstick… I don’t remember the brand… I had a friend who said that that red lips can get you anything
- My peyote beads
- My anklet
- I also have rings on both of my pointing fingers- I got them for myself sometime back as some sort of promise to myself to always love myself. ( I never remove them too) Yes, I have a lot of accessories that I never remove. In fact, I am looking for a classy necklace to also always have on my neck.
With Loooooove and Sunshine 💖🌞💖🌞, Jackie