Hello Wild Ones 🌸,
I hope you are well and that great things are happening in your life. I hit a small wall and was drowning but the beauty of knowing yourself that you can leave the lake when you feel like you might be dipping too hard.
Today’s Commercial Break
I thought a lot about the things that matter most to me and I would want to have for rest of my life and beyond. I came up with five really important things.
- My Love for myself – I would want to always feel the way I have been feeling the past few days. I have this innate joy inside me. I look in the mirror and love what I see. I notice the sparkle in my eyes when I look at my pictures. I pose in front of the camera with no fear of my flaws. I feel really happy with myself. I am happy on my own and it’s the best feeling. I hope it lasts forever!!!
- My writing– My ability to express myself through my writing has gotten me through some really rough times. It has also gotten me very many opportunities too. Writing is part of me. I would want it to stick around forever.
- My Family and Friends– I have the best support system in my family and friends. I literally wouldn’t be alive if it weren’t for them. If I had it my way, I would have them in my life forever and ever.
- Good Food– I love great food. Food has been a great comforter in times of great sadness. The samosa in Kigali can attest to it. In my First year in Rwanda, I was really stressed and I used to eat a lot of Samosa and milk so much that even now it’s my go to comfort food. Good food is always good in both good and bad times, it should stay forever.
- Sad Music– Sad music always helps me discover what I am running away from. The past few months I was really singing along to a lot of sad music, it should have been a sign that I was relating to the music too much. See I was raised in an environment that often invalidated my feelings and so eventually I learnt to do the same and now it takes me a while to see exactly what I am feeling. Sad songs speed up the process of figuring out my sad feelings and also crying…they should exist forever.
What would be on your list? I am sorry, you are barely getting anything from these rumbles. I will try my best to make it about me while still giving you something to gain.
In other news,
- Two buns on my hair….yes I am cute
- Really inedible lip gloss
- Red and pink earring….I made those
- Pink and gold choker….I made that
- Pink and green floral croptop
- Black high waist trouser
- Maasai sandals
- My peyote bands
- My rings
- My anklet
- My nose ring
With Loooooove and Sunshine 💖🌞💖🌞, Jackie