Hello Wild Ones🧡🧡🧡
I hope you are well and doing awesome things. My hope is that you are taking the time to listen to your feelings. I am currently full of hope and peace.
In today’s randomness, I will explore one of the reasons I had reason to believe one of my conquests could have liked me just as much as I did. It’s only fair that I prefix this shortlist of madness with how I first saw him.
Great!!! Let’s set the mood: I had just turned 18 (an important fact to show how inexperienced and naive I was). I was the awkward teenager that was yet to fully realize that it’s not that men are too shy to look at her eyes; they just found another view more intriguing altogether. I stood with my hands close to my body because Mrs. Karanja had said that women need to make themselves small in spaces where men exist, so put your hands close to body Jackline!!! I remember the foreign feelings that came rushing through my body when I met him. He was this beautiful caramel king with big brown eyes and pink lips. Up to that point, I had never been speechless in the presence of a guy, but there I was recreating a scene I had seen in so many romantic comedies. Maybe I should thank heavens now for at least making something in a romantic comedy, true for me because trust me none of my conquests has ever bought me flowers despite my love for them (Now this is a great time to announce that I prefer being hit on with flowers and any pizza with delicious meat or beef samosa; keep them coming baby) (I will soon be talking about stuff African men don’t do that Romcoms taught us to be fantasizing about.) Anyway back to caramel king (Of all the cheesy names though), he was magnificent and you know already your girl was already making important life decisions to make sure that our marriage would work out just fine. Our wedding colors were going to be blush, white, and gold, only to commemorate the moment I met him even though my skin too dark to show I was hella blushing. I was intensely smitten let’s get into the fine details of why I am sure that boy likes me (On the surface this might look sweet, but deep down I just wanna let some son he ain’t doing a good job at showing me he likes me)
- His Reply Game– Okay, he is not the guy that replies to my message three days after and then goes like, “Shoot, I am just a terrible texter.” He responds almost immediately like literally three seconds after I have texted him. We keep each other up to around 4 am talking about nothing and everything. His stupid conversations have me sweeping my mother’s ceiling with my feet, and his dumb jokes will have me declaring that I am better at climbing walls than spiderman.
- His compliments– He does his job to talk about how amazing I am. My awkwardness has been slipping off the ground because he always takes time to remind me how beautiful I am. You ought to see me dancing around my room in the dress that he said I looked cute in.
- He is hella nervous around me– He often stares into my eyes and says the weirdest things like weird facts about eye color. He is always slapping his hands on his thighs as if not knowing what to do with them as he talks to me. He also asks a lot of obvious questions and makes obvious statements like ” Maaan, that sky is so blue” And once we were running and he said, ” Damn, you are so breathless,” as I struggled to catch my breath. (Wait, maybe that was a pickup line)
- He listens – I sometimes have the most prolonged monologues about random stuff. I would be talking about going to the shop and then mention a friend that I met on the way where I would start a whole story about this friend before going back to my original story. He would be there, nodding away and listening away!! Perhaps even taking notes.
- He tells his friends about me– Yes, he kept saying how he was talking to his friends about me. Yeah, I was flattered that he thinks about me enough to want to tell his friends about me.
If the reasons above are not reasons enough to be sure that he likes me, then I don’t know what else is, we are going to be such a cute couple. He is just slightly taller than me. His second name is just okay; I don’t mind having it as my surname soon!! Okaaay girl!! Calm down!! To be honest, I have made this mistake too often. I have decided that a guy likes me just because of his chivalry or his flirty behavior. Caramel King is definitely not the first guy I crushed on so hard that I convinced myself he wanted me too. The first step to finding whether a guy likes you should always be asking him whether he does and then find out whether his words match his actions. Don’t embarrass yourself or get yourself heartbroken.
Anyway, what are some of the ways you guys find out someone likes you?
With love and flower,
Jackline Wanjira Njagi