Hello Wild Ones 🌷🌷🌷
I hope you are well and doing great things. My prayer is that you are taking good care of yourself and loving yourself right. I am currently full of hope and peace.
So today, we are going to talk about (Drum rolls please) Meeeee!!! I know, I know that’s not what y’all probably want to read about and to be honest I was very reluctant about writing about myself, but then I realized two things; One, I write a lot about my experiences, and it would be good if you had some understanding of who I am, and two, when I become famous it’s only fair you guys had a place to come collect information about me (insert the most sheepish look on earth). I know you are probably wondering at this point what a cocky sweet girl!!! I know, I know!!! (Permission to roll your eyes) Anyway, let’s talk about me!!!
My name is Jackline Wanjira Njagi but you can call me ‘Jackie!!’ I wanna say that I am a quiet person but my best friend will say that I talk too much and that sometimes he wishes I would just shut up. I love to overthink like if you need someone to help you obsess over something and come up with all kinds of scenarios, sweetheart, I am your girl!!! Those who know me know that I am the most stubborn human they have ever met when I decide I want something nothing can stop me (Boys I have liked before can attest to this *Not my proudest moments too; One day I write five crazy things I did for a boy*) To give a glimpse of who I am here are ten random things about me!!!
- Last Born– I am the baby in my family!! (I know I know you are surprised if you know me personally) My mum never really made it a big deal, so it never was, but I have a few perks of being the last born like now everyone in my family already has a job so I can ask money from anyone.
- Entrepreneur– I am a student at African Leadership University studying Entrepreneurship (yes, there’s a course like that). I not an entrepreneur because I take that course, but because I see opportunities to create value, and I grab them by their horns. Hopefully, one day y’all will see me on Forbes.
- Loner– I prefer being alone. I don’t know if its because I was always alone at home since my siblings were always off to school, and my mum was always busy at work. This means I can’t fit in squads (I have tried, the whole idea of having similar schedules with people has never made sense to me.) I can’t even squad with one person; I get tired quickly.
- Foodie– Where there’s food, there’s a happy Jackie!! I think that’s one of the key reasons my best friend and I are so close. He likes to cook, and I like to eat; that how perfect symbiotic relationships work!! Food is such a massive part of my life that you can tell my mood by what I am eating, like I tend to take a lot of sugar when I am sad and cook a lot of chicken when I am proud or grateful for something.
- Good Friend– I pride myself in knowing that once we become close friends, I try my best to be available for my friends when they need me. They are also lucky to be on the receiving end of cute love messages and random gifts!!! (Although I will admit I tend to ghost or cut off people without offering them an explanation)
- Grand Daughter– I pride in this title because my first love would be my grandfather. He always treated me special whenever he came with snacks. He would call me, and we would devour at least half of them then call other kids in the homestead to enjoy what we had left for them. ( At the moment my grandfather and his son’s families lived in one homestead) I liked to follow him around as he told me stories in both English and Kikuyu, especially on Sunday mornings; I would dress up then wait for him to pick me so that I can carry his briefcase to church. (Sweet Memories) RIP Jason Rwaro Kaburo!
- Closet Dancer and Performer– Lemme tell you, I am the best of the best dancers and performers in private. I always yearn for the time to be alone so that I give my nonexistent audience the best performance of a lifetime. As long as no one is watching, I am hella good dancer but the minute someone sees me all my limbs can’t move
- Random/ Erratic but also strategic and calculated– I am the type of person who always has a to-do list; I plan how things are going to happen from step one to the end. I get serious anxiety to the point of getting headaches and nosebleeding during big changes in my life like when I was moving to Kigali. All that said, I am also very random sometimes, maybe it’s just me trying to compensate for my possible rigidness but I have done a lot of stupid things in my random moments like I once told a boy I had a crush that I like him but I wasn’t interested in acting on those feelings at all. (Like what was the point of telling him in the first place?)
- Hopeless Romantic– Guys, I believe in love!! I believe that everyone has a happy ever after. I fantasize about meet-cutes and big romantic gestures like renting out a whole restaurant for our engagement because I don’t like public engagements. (Wow romance is kinda expensive, no wonder Christian Grey was a billionaire) Anyway, I love all that sappy and cheesy stuff!!
- A little Sadistic– I have been told that I have a cute resting bitchface, and others say I am unapproachable, and for some weird reason, I am more impressed by these facts than I should be. I should be worried people perceive me to be mean, but I like it. I often make no effort to make people like me, and when I do, especially when during networking, I go home feeling like I had spent the day selling my soul.
Anyway, enough about me!!!
Like, comment, share and subscribe 🌺🌺🌺
Read more posts here.
With love and a lotus,