Hello Wild Ones🌷 🌷🌷,
I hope you are well . I hope you see the beauty that you have in your eyes, Stand in front of a mirror and praise yourself until you blush. Allow yourself to be amused and struck by your beauty body and soul. I am currently in awe of the awesome person that I am becoming and the greatness that’s brewing inside me.
Ever since I started my entrepreneurship course, I have done five business ventures which I have either suspended or just given up on. I enjoy the whole process of figuring out a problem and then coming up with solutions for it but I never enjoy execution especially when it comes to dealing with people. (Most people actually like to say that I am not suited for entrepreneurship because of my introvert nature but that’s their opinion) Other than having to deal with so many people here are some of the things that I hate about being an entrepreneur.
- Being my own boss– I know I said that I chose to be an entrepreneur because I wanted to be my own boss but this is not always fun. Being the boss means always being in charge and sometimes you forget to close the shop. You keep working even when you aren’t supposed to. In a start-up, you are often the only employee in the business which means you are the business so if you stop, business stops. Sometimes you have a partner but it’s still hard to let go and delegate. Another thing is you struggle to see yourself as an employee in your own startup because you are the owner and you either fail to pay yourself or you spend a lot of money that belongs to the business. To deal with this, you are supposed to learn to have boundaries with yourself and the business, you give yourself working hours and also always remember that you and the business are two different entities even if you own it (I still struggle with this).
- Emotional Attachment to your goods and services– When you start a business, you often think of it as your baby (I hope it’s not just me). Everything about it becomes an extension who you are and so when that one annoying customer that doesn’t see the value of your product comes, you feel very heartbroken and you take it as a rejection of you and not feedback on your product. (Of course, there are those whose feedback is trash) But, as they always say, the customer is always right so you sit there and listen to it no matter how annoying and then weigh if it’s worth taking. This is mostly for people who create their products from scratch like jewelry, paintings, or clothes. When I used to make jewelry for sale, I used to get heartbroken every time I got feedback from customers. I eventually had to stop making it for a while until I could find a way to not feel so attached to it. (That day is yet to come)
- So many people– Entrepreneurship requires a lot of marketing which is basically creating relationships with your customers. I am an introvert and I only have a half cup of niceness for people and then my social cues just jump out of the window. I have just learned to find other ways to make the customers feel seen without having to do small talk with them like smile a lot, remembering their names, and sometimes having a talkative friend accompany me so that I don’t have to do the talking. Other than that, it is always a struggle talking t so many people.
- Friends– Friends and business never mix. Friends often forget that you are trying to run a business and expect freebies or even when they buy, they feel like they are doing you a big favor and expect something in return. This can get really tricky especially if you start giving credit to your friends. This is where having entrepreneur friends helps, they know your struggle so they will support the business and maintain boundaries.
- Pressure– In entrepreneurship, the adrenaline never stops, you are either with a new stock marketing it or with an old one trying to figure out how to get it off your back. It is fun but sometimes the wheel always turning can be too much and a little addictive. What helps me is remembering why I started the venture in the first place.
Which point was most interesting to you? If you are an entrepreneur, which one did you resonate with?
Like, share, comment and subscribe🌹🌹🌹
With looooove and grace,